Detritus Minecraft Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server is Up

+3
zombamafoo
OmegaStarAlpha
Retahnais
7 posters

Go down

Server is Up Empty Server is Up

Post by Retahnais Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:15 am

Okay. Server is up however I had to load a backup (2013-06-02 02:43am central) because the current world was having issues.
All of you who were on since that time I'd like you to post what you were doing, what you may have had running. Anything different you might have done/added.
These people specifically were the last to be on during the last few hours server was up according to the logs.
It would be great of you to post so we can try to prevent this from happening again.
  • carlc4
  • andyandbob
  • zombamafoo
  • OmegaStarAlpha
  • Lolpounder
  • Enkerman
  • decoycatfish

Retahnais
Retahnais

Back to top Go down

Server is Up Empty Re: Server is Up

Post by OmegaStarAlpha Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 am

A couple hrs before the server stopped I added a plate bending machine and a assembler and moved my industrial furnace. 4 or 5 hours before I added power converter for ic2 and a producer for bc. Nothing else has been done or added to my property for a few days.

OmegaStarAlpha

Back to top Go down

Post by zombamafoo Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 am

I automated my few nether apiaries and was standing in front of them when the server went down.
zombamafoo
zombamafoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugoi Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

I can't think of anything I was doing that could have caused catastrophic server failure. Since the rollback nothing's really changed for me, so I can only assume I'm not to blame.
Sugoi
Sugoi
Vagabond--Grouch Level: 1

http://heeeeeeeey.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaStarAlpha Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:42 am

Ok the server crashed again and I know what the cause was. Me I placed two machines together that are a known server crasher but I did not know that before doing it, only just now. Imediately after it happened I searched for it as I just crashed the server with the same thing.

I am very sorry it was NOT intentional. I hope we dont have to roll back again.

I now know it was me that crashed it the first time too. I did the same exact action and this time I relized and remembered what it was the first time I did. Which I didnt list above because I forgot I even did it until I did it again. I wont wright what it is here because I do not want either items to be banned as they are not on any server I know of. I will message ret and frew what it was.

OmegaStarAlpha

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaStarAlpha Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:48 am

Well Retahnais cant be messaged so i sent one to frew if you read this ret turn it on then message me Ill reply back with the info.

OmegaStarAlpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Frew Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:51 am

We know you weren't trying to crash us, and really appreciate you putting two and two together for us, there's no way we woulda figured it out on our own. You've saved us hours of fruitless troubleshooting.

Unfortunately, it would seem as though a rollback will be required, but it's not going to be major, just a handful of hours. The world is simply corrupted.

We'll have it back up soon!

Frew

Frew

Back to top Go down

Post by Retahnais Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:54 am

I should be able to receive PM's now.
Retahnais
Retahnais

Back to top Go down

Post by Frew Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:57 am

Actually, it would appear that it's possible to fix the world. I can't say how long it would take, but it's potentially possible.

Would y'all prefer that we try and take the time to correct the error, or shall we simply roll back?

Frew

Back to top Go down

Post by zombamafoo Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 am

What time would the rollback be to?

Last edited by zombamafoo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
zombamafoo
zombamafoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Retahnais Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:03 am

Same rollback as last time because we have not had a backup since the last rollback.
Retahnais
Retahnais

Back to top Go down

Post by zombamafoo Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:06 am

Oh my goodness. I would be in favour of repairing the world if that is at all possible.
zombamafoo
zombamafoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugoi Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Agreed. Plus, every time a world rollback is made, if I'm not mistaken items could potentially be duped due to discrepancies between what's stored in chests vs. what's in a player's inventory.

Last edited by Sugoi on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sugoi
Sugoi

Back to top Go down

Post by carlc4 Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 pm

I'm also for repair instead of rollback.
carlc4
carlc4

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaStarAlpha Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Once again so sorry for this unintentinal crashes I caused. I hope it can be fixed without anyone losing to much work. Also After doing more research I dont see where this issue has been patched even in the most current mod builds. The author keeps adding more awesome features but I dont see this fix listed in the changelogs.

Does the server have the ability with plugins to auto backup and auto restart on a schedual. If not I would greatly suggest research to see if its possible to add them and do both atleast twice a day.

OmegaStarAlpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugoi Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Omega you dweeb. Out of curiosity, so the rest of us know not to craft them, what machine(s) did you make that caused the crash?
Sugoi
Sugoi

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaStarAlpha Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 pm

The only reason I dont want to say is because they are not very expensive items and dont want to give any griefer the ammo(not that any of you are griefers but u never know). They are from two different big mod packs, they really should work together. And I really would like for neither to get banned and if I openly tell everyone what it was then I pretty much guarantee that one gets banned. And it would be the one I use the most and dont want banned. I think it would be rare for this to ever happen again(I know it happen twice in a small window but all by this weirdo) so I'm keeping my mouth shut for now.

OmegaStarAlpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugoi Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:29 pm

If it crashes the entire server just by existing I think it ought to be banned.
Sugoi
Sugoi

Back to top Go down

Post by OmegaStarAlpha Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Its not the exhistance its the combination then using that causes the crash. The first time I had put them together hours before the crash. Like I said its when two machines are put together and then when it does its thing that it causes the crash. Its not even an instant thing it has to be turn on per say to make the crash happens, thats why the first time I didnt relize or remember what happened. And even this time I did it then it took a minute or two before the crash but the whole time I was there waiting for this action. And as soon as it happened I seen the crash so I immediately knew it was me and a giant bell instantly rang in my head that said hey dumbass remember you did that same thing before just did turn it on till before the first crash. This time it all happened together so I knew the cause. And truthfuly only a very few people would combine these machines together anyway. There are many other more common ways to do this same task but like always I go a different route.

OmegaStarAlpha

Back to top Go down

Post by Retahnais Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Sugoi wrote:Agreed. Plus, every time a world rollback is made, if I'm not mistaken items could potentially be duped due to discrepancies between what's stored in chests vs. what's in a player's inventory.
When we do backups we copy the entire server folder, not just the world. So there wouldn't be any issues with items.

OmegaStarAlpha wrote:Does the server have the ability with plugins to auto backup and auto restart on a schedual. If not I would greatly suggest research to see if its possible to add them and do both atleast twice a day.
I have been researching it, but that's been slowed down due to having one disaster after another.
We back it up almost every night, however server borked before I could do it last night. Razz

We think we might have fixed the world, but it's going to take some time to load it back up.
We don't have an ETA on when that will be done, but my guess is in the morning at the earliest.

OmegaStarAlpha wrote:There are many other more common ways to do this same task but like always I go a different route.
Well said, Captain Nemo.
Retahnais
Retahnais

Back to top Go down

Post by griff8 Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:54 pm

A would rather have repair as well, to keep over 40 research notes in thaumcraft.

griff8

Back to top Go down

Post by Frew Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Dupes are possible with rollbacks, but they're probably be inconsequential, and unless someone is intentionally crashing us, they can't be abused easily.

Don't worry, Omega, these things happen. Thankfully, it was fixable.

My internet has been garbage the last day or so, but I've repaired the crash, and the world is almost uploaded to the server (Total upload time was 8 hours, 34 minutes), it's just taken forever, due to my router just straight up saying 'no' every time I ask it nicely. I feel bad that it's taken so long, but there was nothin' else to do.

Frew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down